At first glance, it is difficult for individual traditional sectors to adapt to new technologies, especially if they are revolutionary, as in the case of the transition from Web2 to Web3. New technological solutions, among others,
- https://www.creatokia.com/en – project supported by well-known Bookwire publisher
- and more.
As we can see, the publisher Bookwire recognized the technological trend in time and is already developing an NFT marketplace.
There are more examples and new ones are created daily. All of the above directly affects the traditional publishing sector. In the past, the publishing industry has already faced the trend of self-publishing and thus also the partial outflow of authors. Methodologies for successful online and Amazon sales of books also appeared, which partially replaced the competitive advantage of publishing houses. Publishers still have a well-developed distribution and retail ecosystem, which ensures a certain circulation and sale of copies of books to classic readers. However, in this case, the author has no direct control over the price and sales and is also deprived of a good part of the royalty fee.
Only a few publishing houses have already started to adapt to the new trends. The above examples indicate that a large outflow of authors to new online marketplaces and other platforms can be expected in the future, which will be able to take over a good part of the role of publishing. Publishing, on the other hand, cannot survive without author’s works (either for the needs of book or magazine publishing, or for publishing works in physical or online form). Therefore, it would be very important for publishing sector to start including new technologies in its development strategies and adapt new business models to these technologies and trends.
The author offers different consulting and training forms. For details, please visit the author’s website www.irenarezec.com or contact the author via e-mail (email@example.com).
Join our online communities and follow our online social media accounts:
- LinkedIn group Purposeful Web3 Projects;
- Facebook page Purposeful Web3 Projects;
- Twitter account Purposeful Web3 Projects;
There are also other websites and thematic portals:
- website of the author www.irenarezec.com;
- website of the company WOTRA;
- website of the company WOTRA Universe;
- CollaboVentures business network;
- Global Software Market;
Irena Rezec is an expert with more than 30 years of experience in both the public and private sectors in Slovenia and abroad.
Her great advantage lies in knowing and understanding different domains expertise and sectors, different levels of business in the broader international context, digital solutions and diverse traditional and digital marketing and sales channels. Therefore, all the advantages come into force in areas where a strategic perspective, multidisciplinary skills, collaborative and partnership business models, digital and traditional methods, channels and tools are intertwined.
Her expertise includes:
- diverse marketing and sales channels (including NFTs and Metaverse challenges for marketing, sales or other purposes) and foreign markets entry;
- contemporary digital business solutions insights and reviews (eCommerce, including online shops and marketplaces, B2C, B2B and NFT marketplaces, Metaverse for various purposes, blockchain used in global value chains and for other business purposes, eLearning, eHealth, eTourism, SaaS solutions, software applications reviews and improvement suggestions, platform and ecosystem concepts, etc.);
- business and partnership strategies, collaborative cross-sectoral business models, business ecosystems development;
- funding search;
- holistic business insights and advice.
For more information contact Irena directly via email, LinkedIn or visit Irena’s website www.irenarezec.com.