The ISO 44001:2017 standard has been adopted in 2017 with the title Collaborative business relationship management systems – Requirements and framework related to business partnerships and collaborative forms of business, which are of great importance in modern business.
There are many formal and informal types of business partnerships and collaborative business models, and their management is becoming very complex for companies.
Many companies are still not aware of the importance of good planning and management of collaborative business relationships, although they may be, in addition to technological innovations, the main competitive factor of any company or organization. In case of new collaborative business models this is also strongly connected with innovation in services (e.g. in organizational, management and other service-based innovations). The accepted international standard is welcomed, since it officially gives a great importance to collaborative business forms for achieving competitive advantage.
The standard is useful in:
- all companies, all sectors and sizes at different stages of development and in all business areas. Depending on the purpose of the partnership (e.g. internationalisation, raw materials purchasing, subcontracting, sales network relationships, searching for funds, etc.), business partnerships are more or less complex and their management more or less demanding;
- the public sector of larger systems (e.g. railways), public-private partnership cases and in other cases;
- clusters, associations, business networks, cooperatives and other organizations where collaboration and partnership models are important for their growth.
At WOTRA we have been active in this field for many years where we have been monitoring the development of the standard from the very beginning (BSI 11000 – the national standard of the United Kingdom as the predecessor of the international standard ISO 44001). We are active at domestic and international conferences and through lectures and counseling in Slovenia and abroad. Contact the author for more information.
WOTRA provides services and solutions that are strategically important for the growth of companies, regardless of the size and sector of the individual company. We mainly focus on
- consulting in the process of entering foreign markets through various marketing and sales channels;
- contemporary digital solutions that facilitate business and/or increase business growth;
- partnership strategies and collaborative business models for various business purposes;
- consulting in finding financial resources for innovative development projects.
Please visit the corporate WOTRA website or contact the author of this article directly for more information.
Join our online communities:
- Facebook group Development Navigator;
- Facebook group Funding and Investment;
- Facebook group Marketing and Sales;
- Facebook group International Business;
- Facebook group Digital Economy;
- LinkedIn group Digital Economy;
Visit our other websites and thematic portals:
- corporate WOTRA website;
- Global Software Market;
Irena Rezec is an expert with 30+ years of experience both in the public as well as the private sector in Slovenia and abroad.
Her great advantage lies in knowing and understanding different domains expertise and sectors, different levels of business in the broader international context, digital solutions and diverse traditional and digital marketing and sales channels. Therefore, all the advantages come into force in areas where a strategic perspective, multidisciplinary skills, collaborative and partnership business models, digital and traditional methods, channels and tools are intertwined.
Her expertise includes:
- diverse marketing and sales channels (including NFTs and Metaverse challenges for marketing and sales purposes) and foreign markets entry;
- contemporary digital business solutions insights and reviews (eCommerce, including online shops and marketplaces, B2C, B2B and NFT marketplaces, Metaverse for various purposes, blockchain used in global value chains and for other business purposes, eLearning, eHealth, eTourism, SaaS solutions, software applications reviews and improvement suggestions, platform and ecosystem concepts, etc.);
- business and partnership strategies, collaborative cross-sectoral business models, business ecosystems development;
- funding search;
- holistic business insights and advice.
Contact Irena directly via email, LinkedIn or visit irenarezec.com.