Collaborative business models represent a big strategic challenge for any business.
Relations with suppliers, subcontractors and freelancers, sales network, customers, followers on online social networks or even with external innovators are becoming very complex.
In recent years, internal and relatively independent business functions have become intertwined with the outside world deleting the boundaries between the internal and external environment of an organization and between individual business functions or areas of expertise. The more we interact with the outside world of the organization, the more competitive we are in comparison with those who have not yet introduced these collaborative models into their business practices. Of course, only if we are able to integrate such complex and diverse relationships into our business model and lead them in a way to contribute to the development of our business system in the long run. Companies and organizations which are aware of the potential of those intertwined and complex relationships, they have begun to develop the so-called business ecosystems, where individual internal and external relationships, business functions and processes are no longer separated but interconnected and interdependent.
Modern digital tools can help us to build and manage a business ecosystem much easier. However, questions on how to collaborate between a traditional sales network and digital sales channels, internal world of an organization and external innovators and freelancers, internal and external information sources, internal and external business software solutions etc. cannot be solved without a well planned partnership strategy and without very well managed collaborative relationships.
The importance and necessity of well managed collaborative relationships is proven also by the internationally adopted ISO 44001: 2017 standard, which is intended precisely for the management of collaborative business relationships.
At WOTRA, we have been developing training, guidance and counseling for a variety of collaborative business relationships and their management for many years. As an example, I would like to cite the relationships between the principal, agents and distributors, or the ecosystem building of a modern online store.
Contact the author of this article for more information and support during your process of dealing with collaborative relationships and your business ecosystem.
WOTRA provides services and solutions that are strategically important for the growth of companies, regardless of the size and sector of the individual company. We mainly focus on
- consulting in the process of entering foreign markets through various marketing and sales channels;
- contemporary digital solutions that facilitate business and/or increase business growth;
- partnership strategies and collaborative business models for various business purposes;
- consulting in finding financial resources for innovative development projects.
Join our online communities:
- Facebook group Development Navigator;
- Facebook group Funding and Investment;
- Facebook group Marketing and Sales;
- Facebook group International Business;
- Facebook group Digital Economy;
- LinkedIn group Digital Economy;
Visit our other websites and thematic portals:
Irena Rezec is an expert with 30+ years of experience both in the public as well as the private sector in Slovenia and abroad.
Her great advantage lies in knowing and understanding different domains expertise and sectors, different levels of business in the broader international context, digital solutions and diverse traditional and digital marketing and sales channels. Therefore, all the advantages come into force in areas where a strategic perspective, multidisciplinary skills, collaborative and partnership business models, digital and traditional methods, channels and tools are intertwined.
Her expertise includes:
- diverse marketing and sales channels (including NFTs and Metaverse challenges for marketing and sales purposes) and foreign markets entry;
- contemporary digital business solutions insights and reviews (eCommerce, including online shops and marketplaces, B2C, B2B and NFT marketplaces, Metaverse for various purposes, blockchain used in global value chains and for other business purposes, eLearning, eHealth, eTourism, SaaS solutions, software applications reviews and improvement suggestions, platform and ecosystem concepts, etc.);
- business and partnership strategies, collaborative cross-sectoral business models, business ecosystems development;
- funding search;
- holistic business insights and advice.